Skip to main content

Feelings

Feelings are a strange thing

they come and go

create havoc inside us

and - poof - gone are they

though something's still lingering

a chest ache, that twist in your stomach

the feeling trying to get your attention

still here, just not tangible

the pain transformed

morphed into a part of me

dormant for a while, but waiting

for that moment, the dreaded silence

there it is again, hitting full force

difficult to place now

but nonetheless there

if you're lucky tears will come

and release you 

or it might consume you

for a minute, an hour, a day

it's so real that we forget

even this one shall pass


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing's exactly wrong i.e. searching for meaning

I guess nothing's exactly wrong with my life. I mean, I feel like I literally have nothing to complain about. Even though that has never stopped anyone from complaining. I guess what I'm trying to say is, do you ever feel like the life you're living is somehow all wrong (or maybe not all, but major parts of it) and you feel so unsatisfied a lot of the time and trying to tweak it here and there but somehow you haven't figured out which parts need to be changed and to WHAT? I somehow blame all those activism pages, articles and movies about normal people doing extraordinary things, a thousand youtubers online who tell you about the endless possibilities of how to become awakened and alive and spiritual warriors or climate warriors or generally making yourself and the world better with your spiritual practice and all the good you do in the outside world. Are these people real and I'm just too much of a coward to not be one of them? Or are they not real, or at least bor...

What to do when I'm really pissed off

I am angry, very angry right now. I can feel this fire burning in my heart and chest area, it feels painful and vibrating with intense energy. The rest of my body feels tense, my muscles contracting, my face and jaw tight. These are the physical sensations I am feeling right now and which are common for me to feel whenever I am angry. These physical sensations are accompanied by feelings of hatred, unfairness/indignation, humiliation and feeling inadequate and small. Some of these are directed at myself and some at others, but all suck and feel intense and painful. On top of that, thoughts are spiralling in my head around the reasons why I am (righteously) angry and why the person my anger is directed toward (and whose guts I hate right now!) is in the wrong and should be punished for how they made me feel. They fucking suck! They are so freaking selfish! How could they do this to me? I don't want to talk to them ever again! How can I punish them? How dare they talk to me like that...